Saturday, August 4, 2012

Portable Code: Intention


I've wanted to write a blog about my travels as an independent programmer for more than a year, but I wanted to be really sure about why I wanted to write about it. (You know, I think a few more bloggers could ask themselves that.) The answer is that I think people will find it useful. More and more of us are living highly mobile lives, while becoming ever more dependant on technology. If you already travel a lot, you might find some ways to do so more effectively and more freely. If you're feeling tied-down, this blog might just be the inspiration to cut yourself free.

It's definately not for everyone, not for every time in your life and it comes with risks, drawbacks and compromises. But ultimately I think the world would be a better, more interesting place if a few more people tried it.

What this blog is:
  • Food for thought for any tech professional with itchy feet
  • Practical tips for anyone technical who travels a lot
  • Advice for those who are thinking about taking the leap
This blog is not:
  • A travel blog
  • In any way about my work itself
  • Any help whatsoever in writing platform-independant code
You can find out a little about me in my next post.

YMMV.

No comments:

Post a Comment